10 Quotes by Children's Authors on Writing

10 Brilliant Quotes by Children's Authors on Writing:


10. So the writer that breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads.  - Dr. Seuss

9. If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.  - Lemony Snicket, Horseradish

8. A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.  - Roald Dahl

7. …I’d write about places I knew something of and people that spoke everyday English… - Gilbert Blythe (Anne: The Sequel)

6. Don’t write about Man; write about a man. - E. B. White, Charlotte’s Web

5. I don’t necessarily start with the beginning of the book. I just start with the part of the story that’s most vivid in my imagination and work forward and backward from there. - Beverly Cleary

4. I do my best to simplify and refine, to be logical and harmonious. But I also try to keep an open mind, to listen to my intuition and allow for the unexpected, the coincidental, even the quirky to enter into my work.  - Eric Carle

3. The best books come from inside. You don’t write because you want to, but because you have to. - Judy Blume

2. You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.  - Madeleine L’Engle

1. Reading is important because, if you can read, you can learn anything about everything and everything about anything. - Tomie Depaola

Bonus: There’s always room for a story that can transport people to another place.  - J.K. Rowling


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Steps to Becoming a Writer

Fall, My Teacher