A Calling

In the classroom, I weave magic
pulling from their hearts, spinning their interests into what I teach

I charm the snakes, help falcons soar, remove invisible cloaks
and carve out barriers so waters of knowledge flow

Threading a connection, weaving a safe haven
dyeing their fabric into colors that spark

They bring from me - an energy
and I stitch it into their days

So they learn...
So I love...

All my ancient powers drawn out on the loom
the teacher within me
weaves magic

They may not notice the carpet of knowledge laid before them -
until it carries them forward
of their own little spell

For when they weave magic on their own...
I know I've taught them well.

P.S. To all my little magicians out there, I am so proud of you!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 Steps to Becoming a Writer

Fall, My Teacher